Current status: CLOSED
Open on June 27, 2022 and will be closed on August 26, 2022.
Transport Canada is proposing changes to the Contraventions Regulations. We want your thoughts on adding new contraventions to the Marine Transportation Security Act, the Marine Transportation Security Regulations and the Domestic Ferries Security Regulations.
Join in: how to participate
We are inviting stakeholders and the Canadian public to read the proposed changes to the Contraventions Regulations published on the Let’s Talk Transportation website, where feedback can be provided.
Input and comments submitted through the Let’s Talk Transportation website will be recorded and considered in the development of regulations
Send us an email
You can also email us your comments at: email@example.com
Who is the focus of this consultation?
All Canadians are invited to participate in the online consultation. Those with a particular interest may include:
- marine security stakeholders, including stakeholders from Canada’s port system
- law enforcement organisations
- the Canadian public
Key questions for discussion
We have three discussion questions:
- Do you expect any challenges to making these changes? Why?
- In your opinion, would these changes negatively affect some people or groups of people?
- What do you think about the range of fines that we are proposing?
- Background document: Contraventions for the Marine Transportation Security Act, Marine Transportation Security Regulations, and Domestic Ferries Security Regulations
- Let’s Talk Transportation: Adding new contraventions to various marine security regulations
- Contraventions Regulations
- Marine Transportation Security Act
- Marine Transportation Security Regulations
- Domestic Ferries Security Regulations
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street, 28th Floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N5
Telephone: 1-855-859-3123 or 613-991-3135
Teletypewriter / TDD: 1-888-675-6863