Current status: CLOSED
Opened on March 11, 2022 and closed on April 11, 2022.
Transport Canada would like to introduce Fatigue Management System Regulations which would affect federally regulated railway companies and their employees.
We want railway companies to have, implement and continuously improve a fatigue management system to manage the fatigue of all railway employees who have duties essential to safe railway operations.
Join in: how to participate
To read our consultation document and submit comments and questions, register at Let’s Talk Transportation. You can also upload a document through the Submission tab on Let’s Talk Fatigue in the Rail industry.
Who is the focus of this consultation
All Canadians are invited and encouraged to participate in the consultation. The following groups may be particularly interested:
- Railway companies
- Railway employees
- Labour representatives
- The Railway Association of Canada
- The Transportation Safety Board
Key questions for discussion
- Will implementing Fatigue Management Systems have a positive impact on the safety of railway operations in Canada?
- Could this regulatory proposal also have unintended negative impacts on the railway industry?
- What we heard report- Let’s Talk: Fatigue in the rail industry
- Consultation document: Fatigue management system (FMS) requirements
- Duty and Rest Period Rules for Railway Operating Employees
- Railway Safety Act
- Notice of Intent
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks St.
Ottawa, ON, K1A 0N5