Current status: Closed
Open on July 20, 2021 and will be closed on September 20, 2021.
In response to Recommendation 2 of the 2018 Railway Safety Act Review, Transport Canada has developed a Safety Culture Policy Statement.
The proposed policy statement defines the term "safety culture" and includes a framework that supports the concept. Both Transport Canada and the rail industry can use it to help better understand the challenges of creating a positive safety culture. It can also help identify things that need to be improved.
Join in: how to participate
To submit comments and questions, register at Let’s Talk Transportation.
Who is the focus of this consultation
All Canadians are invited to participate in the consultation. Those who may be especially interested in participating include:
- Railway companies
- The Rail Association of Canada
- Rail Unions
Key questions for discussion
- Do you think the Safety Culture Policy Statement will help improve safety in the industry? Why or why not?
- Do you agree with the positive and negative influences described in the Policy Statement for the promotion of a good safety culture framework? Why or why not?
- Let's Talk Rail Safety – Safety Culture Policy Statement
- Transport Canada's response to the 2017-2018 Railway Safety Act review report
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks St.
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5