Current status: Closed
Open on September 21, 2018 and will be closed on February 28, 2019.
We want to hear your thoughts and ideas on how we can better prepare for and respond to releases of hazardous and noxious substances into the marine environment.
Join in: how to participate
Share your ideas
Register at Let's Talk Transportation to provide your comment on discussion questions. You can also upload a document through the Submission tab on Let's Talk Modernizing Hazardous and Noxious Substances.
Who is the focus of this consultation
All Canadians are invited to participate in the online consultations. Those with a particular interest may include:
- Industry (e.g. ship owners, cargo companies, chemical producers, terminal operators, salvors, liability insurers)
- Coastal communities
- Emergency responders
- Port authorities
- International partners
- Municipal and territorial government
- Other Government of Canada departments
Key questions for discussion
- What should we consider in developing ways to better prepare for and respond to incidents involving hazardous and noxious substances?
- Do you agree with the potential actions outlined in the discussion paper? If not, what are your suggestions?
- National Oil Spill Preparedness and Response Regime
- Preventing spills from vessels
- Tanker Safety Expert Panel's 2014 report
Place de Ville Tower C
330 Sparks Street
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5
Toll-free Telephone: 1-866-995-9737
Local telephone: 613-990-2309