Oil tanker safety statistics, oil spill prevention measures, risk assessment, response, liability, compensation, port protection.
Services and information
Learn how Canada’s marine safety system protects our coasts.
Safe navigation, pilotage requirements, double hull requirements, tanker inspection, TERMPOL review, aerial surveillance.
What happens if there is a spill from a vessel, risk assessment, research and recommendations.
Responsibility to pay for spills from vessels, funds for clean-up.
Statistics on oil spills, cargoes and tanker traffic.
Vessel Traffic Services Zones, reporting requirements, Tanker Exclusion Zone, restrictions in the West Coast Inside Passage.
Foreign ships not meeting safety and regulatory issues, Port State Control, tanker inspection.
- Report a spill
- Marine Safety 101 - videos
- How Canada responds to ship-source oil spills - infographic
- How to get compensation for a ship-source spill - infographic
- Protecting Canadian waters from oil spills – infographic
- Tanker Safety Expert Panel