- What is a small commercial vessel?
- What does the term commercial mean?
- How do I know what requirements apply to my vessel?
- What are gross tons?
- What’s the definition of a passenger?
- How do I determine if I'm carrying passengers or guests?
- What is the Marine Liability Act?
- How are changes made?
- How long before changes come into effect?
Information for Passengers
- What is a passenger vessel?
- Does this include activities like sightseeing, water taxis, ferries, and harbour cruises?
- Are tour boat operations subject to safety regulations?
- Are passenger vessels inspected for safety by the government?
- Does the operator require certification of his/her qualifications?
- Should I know the location of safety equipment?
- Should I wear my lifejacket while on the tour?
- What should I do if I notice that the tour boat or its operator does not meet the above requirements?
Information for Operators