- Marine Safety and Security
- Group 1: Service Standards for Pleasure Craft
- Group 2: Service Standards for Cargo and Port State Control Inspections
- Group 3: Service Standards for Marine Personnel Programs
- Group 4: Service Standards for Navigable Waters Protection Program
- Group 5: Service Standards for vessel registration, inspection and certification
- The voluntary Small Vessel Compliance Program, for non-pleasure vessels from 0 to 15 gross tons and carrying 0 to 12 passengers, provides an easy-to-use tool for small vessel owners that helps them be aware of, and meet regulatory requirements under the Canada Shipping Act, 2001. While enrolment in the program is voluntary, compliance with the regulations is mandatory.
- Vessel owners complete and submit a Detailed Compliance Report. If the technical review is deemed satisfactory based on the documentation submitted, the vessel is considered successfully enrolled in the program.
- Issue a decal upon receipt of all completed documents and satisfactory technical review
Within 45 working days
Detailed instructions on how to enroll in the Small Vessel Compliance Program are provided on the Small Vessel Compliance Program website at the following link http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/svcp-menu-3639.htm.
Performance target: The target for achieving this standard is set at 80%.
|Issue a decal upon receipt of all completed documents and satisfactory technical review within 45 working days.||80%||59%|
Toll Free: 1-855-859-3123
Marine Safety (AMSA)
330 Sparks Street
For more information:
- Small Vessel Compliance Program (SVCP)
- Inspection and Operations Standards
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Regulatory Services and Quality Assurance
- Contacting Marine Safety