5.1 - Scope
Pursuant to Section 11 of the Railway Safety Act "All engineering work relating to railway works, including design, construction, evaluation or alteration, shall be done in accordance with sound engineering principles. A professional engineer shall take responsibility for the engineering work".
5.2 - Engineering work related to Culverts
Engineering work includes but is not limited to:
- Culvert design;
- Installation and maintenance procedures;
- Inspection and review procedures;
- Deferred maintenance procedures;
- Procedure for maintenance and replacement work completed; and
- Hydrological and hydraulics analysis.