- Marine Safety and Security
- Group 1: Service Standards for Pleasure Craft
- Group 2: Service Standards for Cargo and Port State Control Inspections
- Group 3: Service Standards for Marine Personnel Programs
- Group 4: Service Standards for Navigable Waters Protection Program
- Group 5: Service Standards for vessel registration, inspection and certification
Under the authority of the Marine Transportation Security Act and in accordance with chapter XI-1, regulation 5 of the International Convention on the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), the Marine Transportation Security Regulations require that every ship under the Canadian flag subject to SOLAS shall carry on board a Continuous Synopsis Record issued by Canada.
Service standard: Transport Canada will issue the Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR) Form 1 upon receipt of a completed Form 2 (#84-0175) along with the required supporting documents.
- Issue Form 1 - Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR) (#84-0174)
Within 3 working days
Performance target: The target for achieving this standard is set at 80%.
|Transport Canada will issue the Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR)
Form 1 upon receipt of a completed Form 2 (#84-0175)
along with the required supporting documents
within 3 working days
To apply for an initial or updated CSR Form 1, please complete CSR Form 2 (#84-0175) and send a copy of it to Domestic Vessel Regulatory Oversight. The original signed version of CSR Form 2 must be kept with the on-board CSR file.
To get access to Form 2 (#84-0175), please send an e-mail indicating the form number requested to Marine Safety-Securite Maritime.
Telephone: 1-855-859-3123 or 613-991-3135
Teletypewriter / TDD: 1-888-675-6863
Marine Safety (AMSA)
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street, 11th Floor
For more information:
- Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR)
- Inspection and Operations Standards
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Regulatory Services and Quality Assurance
- Contacting Marine Safety