The goal of Marine Occupational Health and Safety (MOHS) is to create a safe and healthy work environment. We accomplish this through administering, enforcing and promoting Part II of the Canada Labour Code and of the Maritime Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
MOHS Inspectors conduct inspections, investigations and promotional visits to make sure that the marine industry’s employers are committed to the health and safety of their employees.
- Assurance of Voluntary Compliance (Form 26-0614)
- Refusal to Work Registration (Form 26-0620)
- Complaint Registration (Form 26-0618)
- Report of a Maritime Hazardous Occurrence - Hazardous Occurrence Investigation Report (Form 82-0703)
- Work Place Health and Safety Committee Report (Form 26-0616)
- Health Canada - Work Place Health and Safety Committee Meeting Minutes (Form 26-0617)
After hours contact
After hours, you can contact the Transport Canada Situation Centre (SitCen) to report a serious injury, death or refusal to work.
- Phone: 1-888-857-4003
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) – Labour Program – (Workplace Health and Safety)
- Occupational Health and Safety Tribunal Canada
- Canada Industrial Relations Board
- MOU Between HRSDC-Labour and TSB
- Health Canada - Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)