Possible delays in treating your request
Openness, transparency and accountability are guiding principles of the Government of Canada. However, our ability to respond to requests within the timelines mandated by the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act may be affected by the exceptional measures put in place to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and protect the health and safety of Canadians. Access to information and personal information requests received from the public continue to be important to us. We will continue to make reasonable efforts to respond to requests, in accordance with operational realities. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during this period as we all navigate these unprecedented challenges.
Laws that make sure you can get Government of Canada information, while protecting people’s personal information.
Find Transport Canada’s completed access to information requests.
Protection of privacy
- protects personal information that could identify you
- gives you the right to get copies of your personal information
Access to information
- makes sure you can get information the Government of Canada controls
- within a reasonable time
- while protecting the privacy of others
- while preventing harm by means listed in the Privacy Act
To get information held by other governments, visit the provincial, territorial, or municipal government’s website.
Government departments must publish information about the kinds of information they keep:
- Access to Information Act – 2019-2020
- Privacy Act - 2019-2020
- Access to Information Act – 2018-2019
- Privacy Act – 2018-2019
- Access to Information Act – 2017-2018
- Privacy Act - 2017-2018
If you want a copy of an annual report that was published over two years ago and is not included here, please contact us.
Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Division
Place de Ville, Tower C, XMSP
300 Sparks St
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5