- Back to the Containers home page
- Aerosol Containers and Gas Cartridges
- Cylinders, Spheres and Tubes
- UN cylinders, UN tubes, UN cryogenic receptacles, and multiple-element gas containers
- Tank Trucks and Trailers and TC Portable Tanks
- Containers for Infectious substances
- Railway Tank Cars and Ton Containers
- UN Small Means of Containment
- FAQ on UN Portable Tanks
- Containers for Explosives (Class 1)
Information on CSA B625 (the standard on “Portable tanks for the transport of dangerous goods”).
FAQ on UN Portable Tanks
The FAQ on UN Portable Tanks includes information on the requirements for UN Portable Tanks as well as the requirements to be registered by Transport Canada to manufacture, modify, inspect, test or repair a UN Portable Tank in Canada. The FAQ also includes information about registering as an independent inspector and/or design reviewer for work in Canada.
Information about impact test facilities worldwide that are required to be registered by Transport Canada in order to conduct the impact tests for the “TC IMPACT APPROVED” certification of tanks are also included in the FAQ.
UN Portable Tank Registered Facilities
Search the TDG database for facilities registered by Transport Canada pursuant to CSA B625 for the manufacture, modification, inspection, test and/or repair of UN portable tanks.
Registered Independent Inspectors and Design Reviewers
Search the TDG database for design reviewers and independent inspectors registered by Transport Canada pursuant to CSA B625.
UN Portable Tank Impact Test Facilities
Search the TDG database for impact test facilities registered by Transport Canada pursuant to CSA B625.
- Application for registration as a UN portable tank impact test facility or inspection agency (impact test witness) pursuant to CSA B625
- Application for registration as a UN portable tank independent inspector, design reviewer, design agency and/or design engineer pursuant to CSA B625
- Application for registration as a UN portable tank manufacturing, inspection, test and/or repair facility pursuant to CSA B625