Maintaining your approval
To maintain your approval, you must:
- Satisfy the conditions of your approval
- Ensure your ERAP can be implemented when needed, and will be effective in responding to a release or anticipated release of dangerous goods
- Apply for approval when we request changes to your ERAP
- Apply for approval when changes are made to your ERAP or the information provided in your application changes
- Apply to renew your ERAP before it expires
Keep in Mind
Make sure to submit your application in EOS at least 30 days before it expires. This will ensure there is enough time before your plan expires for us to review your application and for you to make changes, if needed.
If your ERAP expires, even while we review your application or ask for changes, it is no longer valid and your ERAP reference number cannot be used on a shipping document. You will have to wait for a new approval before the dangerous goods in your ERAP are shipped.
You can use ERAP online services (EOS) to have your revised ERAP approved, or to renew your ERAP.
Using an ERAP on shipping documents
Once your ERAP is approved and valid you can use your ERAP reference number (for example, 2-1234) and the ERAP telephone number on a shipping document when a consignment requires an ERAP. You can also use another person's ERAP reference number and telephone number on your shipping document, if you have been authorized and meet the conditions outlined in section 7.7 of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Regulations.
Using an ERAP during an incident
As the person who has an ERAP, during the release or anticipated release of the dangerous goods the ERAP addresses, you must:
- Gather information about the incident
- Determine the actions you will take to respond
- Implement your plan
Note: ERAPs can be revoked according to subsection 7(5) of the TDG Act, including when:
- The plan can no longer be implemented or will no longer be effective
- The plan was not used to respond to the release or anticipated release of dangerous goods to which it applies