Enroll in the Small Vessel Compliance Program

Before you enroll

You can only enroll in the program if you own or operate a:

  • non-pleasure vessels up to 15 gross tonnage
  • passenger vessels up to 15 gross tonnage, carrying 12 passengers or less
  • fishing vessels up to 15 gross tonnage
  • vessel from a recreational boating school, or
  • Small tug, up to 15 gross tonnage

You must register your vessel with Transport Canada, before you can enroll to the program. 

If you have multiple vessels, you must enroll each one separately.

To make the enrollment process smooth, make sure to have these documents nearby. Be sure to have electronic copies of all documents and photos before you start:

  • copies of your certificates of training and competency
  • copy of registration documents
  • 4 photos of the vessel – bow, side, stern and top
  • stability information or documentation, if applicable
  • a photo or copy of your compliance notice, if applicable

These documents must:

  • have a resolution of at least 300DPI
  • be no bigger than 20MB
  • be in DOCX, DOC, PDF, GIF, JPE, JPEG, TIFF, IMG or PNG format