Processing time for applications depends on how complex your background checks are, and the accuracy of information you included in your application.
The processing time for your application:
- starts once we receive your application, fingerprints and all supporting documents
- only applies if you correctly completed your application
- doesn’t include mailing time for paper documents
Some applications may take a bit longer to process due to:
- security verifications
- citizenship or immigration verifications, or
- out-of-country verifications
If you have all documents on hand, it can take 20 to 40 minutes to complete the online application. If you need to stop, you can save your application and come back to it later.
Don't forget to review and save your application before submitting it.
Don’t forget to bring all your supporting documents to the enrolment site for their review during your verification appointment.
- After you complete and submit your application, you'll receive a confirmation email with your next steps. Watch for an email from no-reply-ne-pas-respondre.TSC-HST@tc.gc.ca.
When you receive the DocuSign email, you'll have to sign your application and upload digital copies of your supporting documents. Our help section has short videos to assist you with these steps.
Make sure to include front and back of documents if that's what is asked. If you're including your passport, make sure it's valid and signed.
Note: If your site has not adopted the digital process, the next steps in your confirmation email will indicate that you have to print your application and take it to your signing authority to get their signature.
DocuSign will send your file to the enrolment site as soon as you finish this task.
- Read the next steps in your confirmation email. You need to get your fingerprints taken and book a verification appointment.