The 24 hour system will be used and will be expressed in four digits. The digits 2359 or 0001 will be used to express the time at midnight.
Every conductor, assistant conductor, locomotive engineer, pilot, foreman, snow plow foreman and such other employees as the company may direct, shall, when on duty, use a reliable watch that indicates hours, minutes and seconds and shall;
- (iii) before commencing work, compare the time on their watch with a railway approved time source. Where a railway approved time source is not accessible, obtain the correct time from the RTC or by comparing with another employee who has obtained the correct time. Every crew member assigned to train, transfer or yard service shall compare the time with one another as soon as possible after commencing work.
3. Time in Effect
Special instructions will indicate whether Standard Time, Daylight Saving Time or other designated time is in effect.
4. Notice of Time Change
Notice of time change will be given by operating bulletin and posted at least 72 hours prior to the time change taking effect. Notice will also be given by GBO at least 24 hours prior to the change and for not less than 6 days after it takes effect.
5. Employees on Duty When Time Changes
Each employee on duty when time changes, who is required to use a watch, must change time as follows:
- (iii) Immediately verify correct time according to Rule 2 clause.
6. Time Tables
Each time table, from the moment it takes effect, supersedes the preceding time table.
7. Notice of New Time Table or Supplement
Notice will be given by operating bulletin and posted at least 72 hours prior to a new time table or supplement taking effect. Notice will also be given by GBO at least 24 hours prior to the new time table or supplement taking effect and for not less than 6 days after it takes effect.
Notice must also be communicated to all other affected employees.
8. Symbols and Diagrams
- (d) Siding capacity and the extent of Cautionary Limits, TGBO and DOB limits will be indicated in time table columns, to the side of the station column or in subdivision footnotes.