The shipper or authorized representative can apply to have shippers’ procedures verified.
When you are applying for a verification of shipper’s procedures, you need to provide the following information:
- name and address of the shipper
- the requested date and time of service
- type of service requested (initial, modification, intermediate, renewal)
- instructions on what procedures should be used when shipping solid bulk cargoes
- the product’s bulk cargo shipping name (BCSN)
To get a letter of approval, contact the nearest Marine Safety Office: