If you buy a pleasure craft, it’s your responsibility to transfer the licence from the previous owner to you.
If you sell a pleasure craft, keep a copy of the bill of sale. It will be useful to have if anyone ever questions the ownership of the vessel.
To transfer a pleasure craft licence, you will need its licence number along with supporting documentation.
Provide these documents:
- proof of ownership or the bill of sale
- a copy of a signed valid government-issued identification (ID) for each owner
- full side-view colour photograph of the pleasure craft
- a Third-Party Authorization Letter (if the applicant is someone other than the owner(s))
- To get an example of this letter, please contact us
- Submit the documents