Managing your pleasure craft licence: Transfer a licence

No fee

If you buy a pleasure craft, it’s your responsibility to transfer the licence from the previous owner to you.

If you sell a pleasure craft, keep a copy of the bill of sale. It will be useful to have if anyone ever questions the ownership of the vessel.

To transfer a pleasure craft licence, you will need its licence number along with supporting documentation.

  1. Provide these documents:

    • proof of ownership or the bill of sale
    • a copy of a signed valid government-issued identification (ID) for each owner
    • full side-view colour photograph of the pleasure craft
    • a Third-Party Authorization Letter (if the applicant is someone other than the owner(s))
      • To get an example of this letter, please contact us

    Review documentation requirements

  2. Submit the documents