The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Program, based on risks, develops safety standards and regulations, provides oversight and gives expert advice on dangerous goods incidents to promote public safety in the transportation of dangerous goods by all modes of transport in Canada.
- Effects of additives in anhydrous ammonia nurse tanks or delivery tanks
- COVID-19: Requirements for safe transportation of infectious substances (Class 6.2)
- Issuing temporary certificates pursuant to subsection 31(2.1) of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, 1992 due to COVID-19
- Notice – Update of the safety standard CAN/CGSB-43.123
- Notice – New edition of CSA B625 is published
- Regulations Amending the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (Formatting Changes) – comes into force February 19, 2020
- Seeking participants for study on electronic shipping documents (TDG Sandbox)
- TDG Bulletin - Produced water
- Find out about our study on electronic shipping documents (TDG Sandbox)
- Find out about changes to ERAP provisions in the TDG Regulations
In the event of an emergency
In the event of an emergency involving dangerous goods, call CANUTEC at 1-888-CAN-UTEC (226-8832), 613-996-6666 or *666 on a cellular phone.
You can register online to use CANUTEC's free, 24-hour emergency telephone number on your dangerous goods shipping documents.
For regulatory questions, contact the TDG regional office in your region:
Prairie & Northern