On this page
- Canada’s Flight Plan for Navigating COVID-19
- Guidance for aviation industry
- Regulatory exemptions
- Safety alerts, bulletins
- Other resources
Canada’s Flight Plan for Navigating COVID-19
Canada’s Flight Plan for Navigating COVID-19 (Canada’s Flight Plan) is intended to serve as the foundation for aligning Canada’s current and future health and safety efforts to address the impacts of COVID-19 on the aviation industry.
Guidance for aviation industry
Guidance for managing air travellers
Transport Canada produces COVID-19 guidance material for the aviation industry to accompany the Interim Order to help them with understanding their specific obligations. A direct channel is already in place with stakeholders to communicate this information.
As of April 26, 2022, should you wish to request a copy of the guidance material, please use the link below to have it sent to you by email.
Travellers should visit travel.gc.ca/travel-covid for information related to COVID-19 measures in place for air travel.
Request a copy
Get a PDF copy of these Transport Canada documents sent to you by email:
– May 12, 2022
– May 12, 2022
– April 20, 2022
Industry notices and other guidance
- Small Private Aircraft Maintenance Schedule Tolerance and Deviation Requests – February 17, 2022
- Exemption NCR-053-2021 for AME licences expiring during the COVID-19 pandemic situation - December 1, 2021
- Interim changes to the AME licence application and approval procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic – November 25, 2021
- COVID-19 Guidance for the Canadian Aviation Industry – December 23, 2021
Past communique and guidance
- Interim changes to the AME licence application and approval procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic – March 23, 2021
- Exemption for AME Licences expiring during the COVID-19 pandemic situation – February 22, 2021
- Interim Changes to Small Private Aircraft Maintenance Schedule Tolerance and Deviation Requests Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic (valid until March 31, 2021) – November 20, 2020
- Update: Modernizing and Enhancing Pilot Training Regulations – September 1, 2020
- COVID-19 Regulatory Relief - Training and Checking – June 25, 2020
- Methods of Delivering Ground Training in Part VII and Subpart 604 – April 16, 2020
- COVID-19 Letter to Aviation Industry - Essential Services – April 2, 2020
- Interim Order Respecting Certain Requirements for Civil Aviation Due to COVID-19, No. 63 – May 19, 2022
- Interim Order for Civil Aviation Respecting Requirements Related to Vaccination Due to COVID-19 - May 19, 2022
Posters for informing air travellers
- These posters provide information to air travellers on measures put in place by Transport Canada related to COVID-19 and air transportation to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.
See all Exemptions to the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) and use the filter button to view all COVID-19 related exemptions.
Safety alerts, bulletins
- See all active Civil Aviation Safety Alerts (CASAs) and use the filter to view all COVID-19 related CASAs
- See all Internal Process Bulletins (IPBs) and use the filter to view all COVID-19 related IPBs