Find out if you need to license or register your vessel

Answer a few questions about your vessel, and we’ll let you know if you need to license or register it.

Does your vessel need any of the following?

  • A marine mortgage to be registered with Transport Canada
  • A registered unique name
  • To travel abroad and be recognized internationally as a registered vessel
  • Yes
  • No

Contact us

Licensing a pleasure craft

Office of Boating Safety
Toll-free telephone: 1-800-267-6687

Registering a vessel

Vessel Registration Office
Toll-free telephone: 1-877-242-8770
facsimile: 1-833-983-1377
TTY/TDD: 1-888-675-6863