Submit and pay online
You can submit your documents and pay using the Small Vessel Register Online Payment system. The final screen prompts you to pay by credit card or debit.
Note: online payment is not applicable for group discounts and federal departments
Other ways to submit and pay
You can mail, fax or email your documents to:
Vessel Registration (AMSED)
330 Sparks Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N8
- By phone
- By cheque or money order, payable to “Receiver General for Canada”
- Federal government only: pay using the interdepartmental settlement (IS) process
Fees and group discount
The fee to register a small commercial vessel is $50.00.
Vessels can qualify for a “group discount” and a $50.00 flat fee if:
- the owner registers 2 or more vessels
- all the vessels are owned by the same owners(s)
- each vessel has a gross tonnage of 5 or less
- hovercraft (air cushion vehicles) of 1,500 kg or less
The group discount does not apply to government owned vessels (federal and provincial).
How long it may take to process your request
View the Vessel Registry service standards
Toll-free telephone: 1-877-242-8770