You are not required to register vessels that carry less than 12 passengers, and:
- small human-powered vessels (such as canoes or kayaks)
- small sailing vessels less than 8.5 metres
- small power-driven vessels with propulsion motors less than 7.5 kW (10 horsepower)
However, you do have the option to voluntarily register these vessels.
Fleet of vessels with a propulsion motors less than 7.5 kW (10 horsepower)
Fee: $50 for the fleet
To voluntarily register a fleet of 2 or more vessels up to 100, the vessels must:
- be owned by the same owner(s)
- have the same vessel descriptor and sub-descriptor
To voluntarily register a fleet:
- Complete and send in Form 21—Application for the Voluntary Registration, Transfer or Renewal of a Fleet of Human-Powered Vessels or Sailing Vessels and Small Power-Driven Vessels With Propulsion Motors Less Than 10 hp (7.5kw) (Non-Pleasure Vessels) [PDF, 1.4 MB].
- For government owned vessels, complete and send: Form 19—Application for the Registration, Transfer or Renewal of a Government owned Vessel [PDF, 42 KB]
- Submit and pay