- Table of Contents
- Document Information
- 1.0 Introduction
- 2.0 Application
- 3.0 Ice Control Zones
- 4.0 Guidelines to be Onboard
- 5.0 Ice Advisor
- 6.0 Vessel Reporting
- 7.0 Compliance
- 8.0 Operational Practices
- 9.0 List of Appendices to these Guidelines
- 10.0 Publications Required to be Carried
- 11.0 Recommended References - Regulations - Publications
- 12.0 Transport Canada Ship Safety Bulletins
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
3. (i) These Guidelines apply to all laden oil tankers and to tankers carrying liquid chemicals in bulk when proceeding through an active Ice Control Zone in Eastern Canadian waters and fishing zones south of 60° North (see section 7).
(ii) These Guidelines may be applied from November 6 to July 31, and the period may be extended or reduced depending on prevailing ice conditions, as the Canadian Coast Guard may declare.
4. A Transport Canada Regional Director, Marine Safety, may on request, consider allowing alternative measures for any part of these Guidelines where it is shown that equivalent safety and pollution prevention measures will be taken by the ship.